Friday, October 19, 2012

Since last blog: Today is Oct. 19th, 2012

After our swimming adventures with KFHS-- we traveled and stayed at NEWKS to enjoy the country side and relax.  Local Water Park was interesting and not safe for a 64 year old lady.  But, overall the adventure was one for the books.

In Aug.--Husband and I went to DC to meet our 8th grandchild-- Rosemary Anne Hrncir.  We enjoyed the week and grandma loved holding and loving on Rosemary and her parents.

Mr. Chang is back with tennis-- glad that he is so dedicated.  Sorry that there is no fall tennis--- afraid that it will hurt his spring season-- but, I have to let it go.

CE King called me in Aug. about teaching tennis-- but, I said NO.  Thanks for the offer, but it is time for me to relax after 40 years of teaching and coaching.

Have been busy with gardens & walking the Willowbrook Mall with a great group of folks.  We lost Mr. Moses Jeffery a few weeks ago-- he was 86 years old and a great walker-- enjoyed all his stories and he lived a full life.  Loved his wife, children and grand kids, served in the Army, and use to have a great garden--- gave me many pointers.

I am still attending meeting with TSTA and KARE retired teachers----we have great field trips and adventures.  We just got back from one yesterday---the old Library has been reinvented down town and we visited the Houston Maritime Museum.  I was born and raised in Houston Texas and I am having new experiences after 64 years on this earth. I love the folks in both organizations and we always laugh and share a good time.

Also, I help out at my grand daughters Elem. School.  Owens in Cy Fair ISD.  I help once a week after walking the mall-- unless they call me to come in another day when they are behind.

I miss tennis-- but it was time-- Jonathan and Jae are at UT and going strong. Many of the players keep in touch.

My knee started swelling yesterday--- using Ben Gay and a heating pad.  It will improve or I will go to the Doctor Monday.  I did walk on it this a.m.-- only a mile-- but,  feel that I am paying for that action.

Thank you for many great adventures in Tennis, with the Wayne Bryan Family and as I taught Health for 40 years.  I am blessed for the time that I had to be involved.  My passion is always in my heart.

Keep in touch--- my email in lahrncir@hotmail.com--cell 713 256 2842

Looking forward to all the kids and grand kids coming home for Christmas and I am going on the cruise with daughter and her family in FEB.  My First Cruise.

God is good.

Always, Loretta Ann Hrncir

No comments:

Post a Comment